Recognising the top apprenticeship employers in 2022
The Top 100 Apprenticeship Employers celebrates England’s outstanding apprenticeship employers and helps future apprentices, parents and careers advisers to identify apprenticeship opportunities at the country’s leading employers.
First launched in 2020, the annual employer rankings have been developed by the Department of Education, in partnership with High Fliers Research, who independently assess and rank the nation’s top apprenticeship employers
Employers will be recognised for their commitment to employing apprentices, their creation of new apprenticeships, the diversity of their new apprentices, and the number of apprentices who complete their apprenticeships and progress further with the employer.
Together, the Top 100 Apprenticeship Employers and Top 50 SME Apprenticeship Employers will reveal which employers – large and small – are the country’s top apprenticeship employers for 2022.
We know we have some fantastic apprenticeship employers within our industry, it’s time to get recognised for this!
There are two apprenticeship employer categories for the 2022 rankings:
- Larger employers – for organisations with 250 employees or more, that employ a minimum of 25 apprentices in England
- SME employers – for organisations with 10-249 employees that employ a minimum of 3 apprentices in England
For each category, employers complete a short entry form, providing the following information about their organisation:
- the number of apprentices currently employed in England, at all levels of apprenticeships from level 2 to level 7
- how many apprentices started an apprenticeship within the last 12 months (including those recruited externally and existing employees or apprentices)
- the diversity of apprentices who began apprenticeships in the last 12 months (including apprentices’ age, gender, ethnicity and learning difficulties & disabilities)
- the number of apprentices who successfully completed their apprenticeships over the last 12 months and then continued into a permanent job or progressed to another apprenticeship
This data will then be independently verified, assessed and weighted according to the size of the employer’s workforce, to provide a score for each entrant.
The employers with the highest scores will be ranked in the Top 100 Apprenticeship Employers and the Top 50 SME Apprenticeship Employers for 2022.
Entries are free and the process is simple and straight forward. To enter your organisation fort his year’s ranking, you can complete the official entry form below. The entry deadline is 5pm on Friday 25th March